17. L. Yu, H. Nakamura*
"Atroposelective Total Synthesis of Cihunamide B”
16. L. Yu, H. Nakamura*
"Short, Scalable Access to Pyrrovobasine”
15. L. Yu, S. Li, T.-L. Cheung, W. Liu, D. Yan, Y. Matsuda, Y. Kobayashi, Z. Guo, P.-Y. Qian*, H. Nakamura*
"Short, Chemoenzymatic Access to Cyctetryptomycin A and B”
14. You-Chen Lin, Fabian Schneider, Kelly J. Eberle, Debora Chiodi, Hugh Nakamura, Solomon H. Reisberg, Jason Chen, Masato Saito, Phil S. Baran
"Atroposelective Total Synthesis of Darobactin A”
13. Hugh Nakamura, Kosuke Yasui, Phil S. Baran
"Total Synthesis of Teleocidins B-1-B-4 by Redox-Relay Chain Walking (RRCW)”
12. Yuzuru Kanda, Hugh Nakamura, Shigenobu Umemiya, Ravi Kumar Puthukanoori, Venkata Ramana Murthy Appala,
Gopi Krishna Gaddamanugu, Bheema Rao Paraselli, Phil S. Baran
"Two-Phase Synthesis of Taxol”
11. Hugh Nakamura, Chihiro Tsukano, Takuma Yoshida, Motohiro Yasui, Shinsuke Yokouchi, Yusuke Kobayashi, Masayuki
Igarashi, Yoshiji Takemoto
“Total Synthesis of Caprazamycin A: Practical and Scalable Synthesis of syn-β-Hydroxyamino Acids and Introduction of a
Fatty Acid Side Chain to 1,4-Diazepanone”
10. Hugh Nakamura, Kosuke Yasui, Yuzuru Kanda, Phil S. Baran
“11-Step Total Synthesis of Teleocidins B-1–B-4”
09. Hugh Nakamura, Manami Kawakami, Chihiro Tsukano, Yoshiji Takemoto
"Construction of ACDE Ring System of Calyciphylline A-type Alkaloids via Intramolecular Diels-Alder Reaction of a
08. Hugh Nakamura, Manami Kawakami, Chihiro Tsukano, Yoshiji Takemoto
"Concise construction of the ACDE ring system of calyciphylline A type alkaloids by a [5+2] cycloaddition”
07. Yu K.awamata, Julien C. Vantourout, David P. Hickey, Peng Bai, Longrui Chen, Qinglong Hou, Wenhua Qiao, Koushik
Barman, Martin Edwards, Alberto G. Castro, David S. Peters, Justine N. deGruyter, Hugh Nakamura, Kyle Knouse,
Chuanguang Qin, Khalyd J. Clay, Denghui Bao, Chao Li, Jeremy T. Starr, Neal Sach, Martin D. Eastgate, Matthew Neurock,
Shelly D. Minteer, Henry White, Phil S. Baran
“Electrochemically Driven, Ni-Catalyzed Aryl Amination: Scope, Mechanism, and Applications”
06. Yusuke Takahira, Miao Chen, Yu Kawamata, Pavel Mykhailiuka, Hugh Nakamura, Byron K. Peters, Solomon H. Reisberg,
Chao Li, Longrui Chen, Tamaki Hoshikawa, Tomoyuki Shibuguchi, Phil S. Baran
"Electrochemical C(sp3)–H Fluorination”
05. Chao Li, Yu Kawamata, Hugh Nakamura, Julien C. Vantourout, Zhiqing Liu, Qinglong Hou, Denghui Bao, Jeremy T. Starr,
Jinshan Chen, Ming Yan, Phil S. Baran
“Electrochemically Enabled, Nickel-Catalyzed Amination”
04. Hugh Nakamura
"Synthetic studies toward total synthesis of caprazamycins and calyciphylline A type alkaloids”
03. Hugh Nakamura, Takuma Yoshida, Chihiro Tsukano, Yoshiji Takemoto
"Synthesis of CPZEN-45: Construction of the 1,4-Diazepin-2-one Core by the Cu-catalyzed Intramolecular Amidation of a
02. Hugh Nakamura, Chihiro Tsukano, Motohiro Yasui, Shinsuke Yokouchi, Masayuki Igarashi, Yoshiji Takemoto
“Total Synthesis of (-)-Caprazamycin A”
01. Yuta Yanagita, Hugh Nakamura, Kenji Shirokane, Yusuke Kurosaki, Takaaki Sato, Noritaka Chida
“Direct Nucleophilic Addition to N-Alkoxyamides”
Major Books and Other Publications
3. Hugh Nakamura
"To win away games"
2. Hugh Nakamura
"How to survive in the big lab in US"
1. Hugh Nakamura, Chihiro Tsukano, Yoshiji Takemoto
"Latest Trends in Total Synthesis of Natural Products "
(Area of responsibility: Total Synthesis of Caprazamycin A, a Liponucleoside having Fatty Acids Side Chain)
5. 54th Summer Seminar for Young Peptide Scientist, "Total synthesis of highly complex natural products"
(Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 2022, Zoom webinar), URL: https://www.peptide-soc.jp/event/news/2022/07/01/54wakate.html
4. The 4th Organic Chemistry Student Webinar, "Total synthesis of highly potent bioactive natural products"
(Tokyo, Japan, Jan. 2022, Zoom webinar), URL: https://connpass.com/event/230899/
3. Research presentation, Department of Chemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, "Total synthesis of highly potent
bioactive natural products"
(Hong Kong, Feb. 2021, Zoom webinar)
2. Meeting of Minds@HKU Forum for Outstanding Young Scholars, "The Art and Science of Drug Discovery"
(Hong Kong, October 2019)
1. Research presentation, Georg-August-University Göttingen, "Total Synthesis of Amino acid Containing Natural Products"
(Göttingen, Germany, July 2019)